Howdy from East Texas

Tell us a little about yourself when you join the forum.

Howdy from East Texas

Postby farmer_ron » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:53 am

Hey Y'all!

First I'd like to say thank you to those folks who volunteer their time to support the project, the information has proved very helpful.

I was delighted to learn that our farm is less than 10 miles from the place that H C Wengler lived. If anyone has additional info on him I would be very interested and appreciative.

We have two Red Wattles, both about 4-1/2 months old , a barrow and a gilt (Pork and Beans). We are homesteaders planning to raise RW for our own consumption and for additional income. We will be looking for a RW boar in the not too distant future

We are considering applying for recovery registry for our gilt and would like more details regarding who to send pix too and any costs associated with the registry application.

We've raised a half dozen hogs but they are our first RW's and so far we have been pleased with the growth rate and temperment of the breed.

Thanks again!!

Ron
farmer_ron

Re: Howdy from East Texas

Postby earlyriser62 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:12 pm

Welcome!
I love your RWs names! Cute!

I am the secretary of the Red Wattle Hog Association. I can help walk you through the process for applying for recovery status/registration.

1. Send an email to redwattles@hotmail.com. Put Recovery in the subject line

2. I'll email you the application form and the official description of the RECOVERY PROGRAM.

3. Review the information. Call me if you have questions. Fill out the form with all the information you have about the hog.

4. Attach 4 pics of the hog: front view, back view, right side view and left side view.
Pics can be digital or printed. A bit of feed on the ground will help a lot toward getting your RW to pose for the pics.

5. Send the filled out application and pics to me by email: redwattles@hotmail.com
or snail mail: RWHA, 7024 Spearsville Rd, Morgantown, IN 46160

6. Wait. This is the hard part. While you are waiting I will be copying your application to the Board of Directors of the RWHA. Each board member will respond with approval/denial. When all the votes are in...

7. I will contact you by phone or email with the Board's decision. If the hog is approved for recovery you will be instructed to send in your registration fee and where to send it and any other pertinent information.

If I can be of any assistance, please, do not hesitate to contact me.

Dot Parker-Jordan
RWHA Sec/Treas
redwattles@hotmail.com
812-360-7765
earlyriser62

Postby farmer_ron » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:19 pm

Thank you so much Dot! I will get going with the pictures. My wife Terri came up with the names but there's more to it. We plan to eat the barrow and look for a boar, who we will name Red then when he and Beans have piglets, of course they will be rice.....(grin)

Thanks again!!

Ron
farmer_ron

Postby New2pigs » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:48 am

Ron, besides east Texas, where do you all live?
New2pigs

Postby farmer_ron » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:11 am

Our farm is just outside of Dialville Texas, between Jacksonville and Rusk.
farmer_ron

Postby New2pigs » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:25 am

I'll have to Mapquest your location, still don't know where that is.
New2pigs

Return to New Member Introduction