Hello from East Texas

Tell us a little about yourself when you join the forum.

Hello from East Texas

Postby mahoneyjim » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:06 pm

Hey all,

Just acquired 3 RW, 1 boar (1 yo), and 2 sows (2 & 2 1/2 yo) one of the sows is getting ready to farrow and we are exited about the event. I know we will have issues getting anything registered as the seller purchased them with no regard to pedigree, and now when we ask for the info on where he purchased the pigs he won't respond. So we are looking for any assistance or at least someone pointing us in the right direction on how to get our RW registered.

I look forward to reading of the posts and learning more about this great breed.

Jim
mahoneyjim

Re: Hello from East Texas

Postby wwickham » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:48 am

Hi Jim,
Welcome to the Red Wattle forum! As you can see, there has not been a lot of activity here lately. Another good place to go for information is the red wattle hog association facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/163024997085878/

Getting your hogs registered will be difficult if not impossible without the cooperation of the person you purchased them from. The sire and dam of your hogs must be registered with the RWHA and your hogs must be under 18 months of age. The complete rules for registration can be found at http://redwattle.com/registration_rules.pdf. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people out there selling hogs as pure breed and registerable when the are not.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask me or any other of the RWHA board members.

Walt Wickham
wwickham

Re: Hello from East Texas

Postby mahoneyjim » Fri May 22, 2015 4:56 pm

Thanks Walt,

After seeing the probability of getting our current hogs registered we have decided to sell off the hogs and purchase pigs from RWHA registered owners, this way we will be sure to get pigs that are already registered and just transfer the registration over. As we get closer to purchasing the new pigs we will register with RWHA, until then we will read and learn.

Thanks for your response,
Jim Mahoney
mahoneyjim

Return to New Member Introduction