Howdy Y'all Dawson Texas here

Tell us a little about yourself when you join the forum.

Howdy Y'all Dawson Texas here

Postby macawranch » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:26 am

Just stopped by to say Hi. We have some acreage in the Rural community of Dawson sorta half way between Dallas and Houston. Dexter Cattle, Kiko and Spanish goats, and of coarse my favorite Red Wattle Hogs. Just having got my feet wet so to speak with these hogs, just about a year now , they have become my favorite. Looking forward to learning lots about these wonderful animals. Best from our ranch to yours.
Dirk
macawranch

Re: Howdy Y'all Dawson Texas here

Postby macawranch » Sun May 03, 2009 2:18 pm

Hi Catherine

Mine are from Louisiana, and as far as I can get info on go all the way back to original Wengler stock. They are pretty well their own line in the truest definition of the term. Bred in isolation for 20+ years.
macawranch

Re: Howdy Y'all Dawson Texas here

Postby farmmamma » Tue May 12, 2009 9:22 am

Hey Dirk,

funny how the hogs quickly become the favorite farm animals isn't it.. I am a horse person... not a cow person (thats Jim, my husband), not a goat person, not a sheep person and I didn't think I was a hog person.. I am (was) a horse person. period.

12 months into "The Hog Thing" I am a total convert (actually that only took about 2 weeks after getting the first piglets).. I am now not a horse person (they are all for sale. get em out of here!!!!) Its pigs and such through and through now. I LOVE EM!! even when we are out in the rain and mud with them or catching and weighing piglets and getting poo'd on (nasty. that was last week.. lol) I spend the day laughing and being totally at peace with it all. Perhaps I have always been a hog person, but just never had access to one to "set me free"..

Anyway I always enjoy hearing about your RWS in Texas, even if they are bigger then mine.. lol

wendy p
heritagefarmsnw.com
farmmamma

Return to New Member Introduction